For all the people out there who enjoy new found products or love to hear about them; you have come to the right place! Every year we vow to bring you a list of our favorite products that have altered our lives and enriched that little part of us that says," I have got to get one of those!" So sit back and relax as we start the countdown for "Matt and Sheree's Favorite Products for 2009!!!"

Sunday, February 1, 2009

#1 - Zune by Microsoft


I believe we had this product for nearly a year before it ever came out of the box. Somewhere along the way Matt won it as a door prize. It wasn't until fall when I asked Matt to help me keep an eye out for a kid friendly DVD player for Dylan that he informed me of the Zune's capabilities. With this product you can download tons of movies, music and pictures for easy viewing and listening pleasure. So we bought Dylan the fisher price toddler earphones and this product became out new best friend. Anytime Dylan gets restless while I am shopping or we are out to dinner, I simply say," Would you like to watch a movie?" His face lights up every time!!! They sell rubber sleeves for the Zune too; so if he drops it (already happened numerous times) it doesn't damage. It's fun...other moms in the stores/malls are always stopping and asking me where they can get one for their kid. Fisher Price does make a "Kid Tough Portable DVD player" and it is about the same price as the Zune. It's screen is the same size as the Zune but, it is very big and bulky and can only play DVDs. The Zune is about the size of wallet, so it easily fits into a pocket or handbag. Also, with the Zune it has a awesome battery life. We plug it in our charging station (SEE PRODUCT REVIEW #7) every now and then, just to keep it charged to it's full potential. The best part (and I saved this for last) is the locking feature. Once I get his movie started, and put it in lock mode, Dylan can't stop and start the movie or turn off the device. I highly recommend this product to ANYONE!!!